- Pre-Order Your Ford
- Offers & Rewards
- Service & Parts
- Dealer Info
The following are answers to some of the most common questions about the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
How do I charge my Ford Mustang Mach-E on the go?
This video shows you how to charge your Mustang Mach-E while away from home.
How do I jump-start my Mustang Mach-E?
If your Mustang Mach-E loses charge and cannot be started, jump-start it using jumper cables and another running vehicle’s battery. This is referred to as the booster vehicle.
Since the Mustang Mach-E’s controls are electric, a charge will have to be provided to open the door and the hood before attaching cables to the vehicle’s battery for a jump start.
How do I open the front luggage compartment on my Mustang Mach-E when I have no vehicle power?
If your Mustang Mach-E has no power, you will be unable to open the doors or front hood to access the internal compartments using your Phone As A Key or key fob. To open the front compartment:
- Have an external power supply ready, such as a 12V jump box.
- Locate the access panel cover on the front bumper below the headlight.
- Press firmly on the top right of the cover’s edge, then pull the raised section on the bottom left toward you to take the covering off.
- Behind the cover will be two wires (one red and one black). Pull both wires out of the opening to reveal the power terminals.
- Connect the external power supply to the terminals.
Important: Be sure to match the red positive cable to the red positive terminal and the black negative cable to the black negative terminal.
- Turn on the external power supply. If performed correctly, the front luggage compartment latches will immediately release, and you will have access to the front luggage compartment.
- Disconnect the external power supply, then boost or reconnect the 12V battery.
For more information, refer to your Owner’s Manual under the Jump Starting Your Vehicle section.
What drive modes are available in the Mustang Mach-E?
Your Mustang Mach-E offers three selectable Drive Experiences to fit your driving mood: Engage, Whisper, and Unbridled.
Drive Mode Options
- Engage: The Ambient Lighting is set to soft blue. You will enjoy a balance of excitement and comfort with in-vehicle sounds to enhance the experience.
- Whisper: A calm driving experience with gradual acceleration and a lighter “coasting” deceleration response. The interior sound is turned off and the Ambient Lighting is blue. Your digital cluster display will react to your acceleration, braking, and handling.
- Unbridled: Get the feeling of downshifting, increased throttle response, a sporty steering feel, orange Ambient Lighting, and enhanced driving sounds for that exhilarating Mustang experience. Your digital cluster display will react to your acceleration, braking, and handling in this mode as well.
Drive Experiences will remain on each time you start the vehicle.
Changing the Drive Modes
To set your preferred mode:
- Tap the Controls icon in the upper-left corner of your vehicle’s SYNC®* screen. This will default to the Drive Modes menu.
- Select your chosen Drive Mode from the following options.
Note: You can also choose the One-Pedal Driving** feature in any of the above three Drive Experiences. This allows you to control vehicle speed with the accelerator pedal only and reduces the need to use the brake pedal to slow the vehicle down. Instead, the vehicle slows down as you lift your foot from the accelerator pedal. This is most useful in stop-and-go traffic. One-Pedal Driving will turn off when you brake.
How do I tow my Mustang Mach-E with a tow truck?
If your Mustang Mach-E is disabled, it can only be towed via a flatbed tow truck. Your Mustang Mach-E is equipped with a Neutral Mode setting, which will allow it to be rolled onto the bed of the tow truck.
- Have the tow truck driver physically connect everything (chains, hooks, etc.) prior to placing the vehicle in Neutral Mode. This will prevent the vehicle from rolling away.
- Neutral Mode will last 30 minutes, allowing enough time for the vehicle to be rolled onto the bed of the flatbed tow truck.
Preparing the Mustang Mach-E for Towing
- Advise the tow truck driver to connect the tow hooks/chains to the round openings under the front bumper.
- Push the Start button with your key fob in the vehicle.
- Press the brake and turn the rotary shifter to N.
- Press the L button. This will place the vehicle into Neutral Mode.
The dashboard will now display that the vehicle is in Neutral Mode.
With the vehicle in Neutral Mode, it is now ready to be rolled onto the bed of a tow truck for transport.
How do I put my Mustang Mach-E into Temporary Neutral Mode?
Engage Temporary Neutral Mode to keep your vehicle in Neutral (N) for a limited time after turning off or exiting your vehicle. You can use this when entering a car wash to allow your vehicle to roll freely.
- Your vehicle could shift to P (Park) after 30 minutes, or when the vehicle battery charge level is low. Prolonged use of this mode can cause the 12 Volt (V) battery to run out of charge.
- Do not tow your vehicle in this mode.